Custom T-shirts are great as promotional giveaways and gifts, but they’re even better as company uniforms. Printing companies like PrintsCanada.com specialize in creating custom t-shirts and these include those made for employees across all industries. These can be worn as casual Friday wear or daily uniforms.
There are loads of benefits associated with giving employees logo wear and company T-shirts. Here are just a few of the more important ones:
If you own a retail store or any consumer-facing business, having your workers wear uniform T-shirts inspires confidence in your customers. These uniforms provide a professional look and customers know who they can approach for help without making an embarrassing mistake. Customers will also appreciate being able to easily identify staff because of their uniforms.
Without a uniform, going to work in the morning can be stressful. Employees may agonize over what to wear each day without repeating anything too noticeably and avoid possible ridicule. Rotating work clothes can be a big problem for people on a tight budget. Providing them with a daily uniform takes that kind of stress out of the equation, even if it is something as casual as a T-shirt.
One survey stated that one in every four employees feel that they don’t belong. This can result in them leaving the company. You can avoid this problem with company T-shirts that can unite team members and increase the engagement of all employees. If workers feel they’re part of a team, there’s a bigger chance they will work harder and stay longer.
When everybody at work wears the same thing, judging and being judged based on what you wear stops. A company T-shirt fosters that feeling of inclusion and acceptance since it prevents feelings of envy and resentment. Wearing a uniform puts everyone on an equal footing, which can be very empowering.
Uniforms are often made using colours, designs, and logos that represent a company or brand. Employees that wear these shirts have a duty to act in a manner consistent with the identity and values that a company or brand lives by. While in their uniforms, most will make an effort to act professionally and decorously so that their behaviour reflects positively on their employer.
When employees are happy and feel that they belong, they develop loyalty to the company. This can result in better overall performance, which can see an increase in productivity. One study of 700 participants shows that happy workers are about 12% more productive.
Employees wearing your colours and logo out on the street every day are practically walking advertisements. You can build significant brand familiarity with that one act alone, and it won’t even cost you much. Imagine if one of your employees goes viral on YouTube or the local newspaper for rescuing a cat from a tree and they’re wearing your company shirt. You can’t buy that kind of publicity.
What are the steps involved in the process of making a business T-shirt?
If you plan to make your company T-shirt, you should know the steps in detail. They are as follows-
- The purpose behind creating it: Company T-shirts are unique because there is a motive behind creating them. Businesses mostly do it for promotion. However, there are other reasons behind it as well. So, you need to focus on various factors before deciding the purpose. After that, you will then proceed to design the T-shirt accordingly. Only a few businesses consider this thing. It is a crucial factor that every business needs to consider when creating their company T-shirts.
- Plan your budget and choose accordingly: The next step is to plan the money you can spend. Your budget is one of the most crucial things you should never forget. Some businesses that are creating the T-shirts often fail to decide their budget. Due to this, they cannot make good decisions regarding the company T-shirts. So, be careful in the process.
- The number of T-shirts you need: Another essential step involved in the process is the number of T-shirts you need. Now, it depends on you whether you want them in bulk or a few pieces of them. After deciding the same, you will know how to proceed further. So, we can say that it is a crucial step to follow. Sometimes, this also depends on your budget. Therefore, it is always better to decide your budget first.
- Choose from various printing types: You might already know that there are different types of printing. Every printing method is unique, and you have to divide one according to your chosen design. You can take help from a professional if you have no idea about it. Also, you should focus on gaining knowledge about each printing method to find one that suits your needs well.
- Explore different ideas and find a suitable one: Your business T-shirt design must look unique. Otherwise, you won’t achieve your goals. Creativity is necessary when it comes to designing your company T-shirts. You can take inspiration from other companies but don’t copy the ideas. The designing of T-shirts involves a lot of things. These include the shape of the neck, the type of material, the graphic print or logo, and more. All these things are significant to think about when designing your company T-shirt.
- Hire a reliable designer: The next step in the process is finding the best designer. As there are plenty of options, confusion is usual. But researching will help you a lot in selecting the right one. You can read customer reviews and their previous works to understand better whether they are suitable or not.
The designer will take care of your requirements and preferences. So, you have to communicate and tell them the ideas you have in your mind. Having an open interaction is necessary. Otherwise, the designer won’t match up to your needs.
- Get the shirts printed: The last step is printing the company T-shirts. It is not possible if you haven’t finalized the design.
Most of the benefits you get from custom T-shirts may not be as pronounced as you would like, but if it’s part of the bigger corporate culture and marketing picture, it builds up over time. Just temper your expectations since it is, after all, a T-shirt and not a magic wand.
A company T-shirt made by businesses like Prints Canada is a very cost-effective way to market your brand and to foster team spirit. It’s something you should consider as part of your employee management and branding strategy.